Code of ethics
1. The first consideration of the shiatsu therapist shall be the health and well-being of the patient/client.
2. The shiatsu therapist shall recognize the patient/client’s human dignity and right to confidentiality.
3. The shiatsu therapist shall not refuse any patient/client on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, age, marital or family status, handicap, sexual orientation, the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
4. The shiatsu therapist shall respect the patient/client’s right to accept or refuse any form of treatment.
5. The shiatsu therapist has a duty not to refuse or withdraw services without justifiable cause.
6. The shiatsu therapist shall recognize the special relationship which exists with the patient/client, and shall ensure that his/her professional conduct is above reproach, and will take neither physical, emotional, nor financial advantage of the patient/client.
7. The shiatsu therapist shall continually strive to improve his/her knowledge and professional skills.
8. The shiatsu therapist shall encourage and educate the patient/client in the development of a health-enhancing lifestyle.
9. The shiatsu therapist shall, when indicated, recommend to the patient/client that additional opinions and services be obtained, and shall cooperate with others who may assist in the care of the patient/client.
10. The shiatsu therapist shall recognize the patient/client’s right to be treated in a truthful manner.